1. Lineup – Just look at the poster! Kung Fu, Giant Panda, Sophistafunk, Skunk City, Subsoil, Funknut, Barroom Philosophers, The New Daze, Boogie Low . . . not a bad name on the poster.
2. Bang for your buck! – The lineups at Sterling keep getting better and better, including bigger and bigger bands and more headliners. All of this for you without a single ticket price increase in years. Dollar for dollar, Sterling remains one of the best priced festivals in the Northeast. Do your research. Can’t be denied.
3. Late Night Schedule – The schedule this year is off the hook, especially late night. Friday night campfire session features Annie In the Water. Saturday night will be a rare late night with Sterling superheroes, Sophistafunk. These guys are accustomed to headlining a main stage. But to have them LATE NIGHT in the SINATRA LOUNGE? That’s gonna be buck wild! Closing out Ameribeat Sunday late night will be Chris James and Mama G. I like to consider them Ma and Pa of Sterling Stage with what they bring to the Sterling family. These days, Sterling just wouldn’t be Sterling without them.
4. A mid-day Barroom Boogie on Saturday and a New Daze / Skunk City Sunday night – Saturday, things get moving early in the day, starting at 1:10 pm with 2 sets from Boogie Low with Barroom Philosophers playing in between. These guys play together around town all the time, dubbing it a Barroom Boogie and it is always crazy fun. For a change up, Sunday will feature a pair of alternating sets from both the Skunk City Collective and The New Daze.
5. That Sterling Vibe! – It’s been said a million times in a hundred different ways. There is NO PLACE like Sterling Stage. When you are there, you are family and there is magic around every corner. If you’ve been there, you know. If you haven’t, you need to get there!
Ameribeat Festival of Arts runs July 13-16. Camping is free and good times come easy. See you there!